Northern Star and SOCRATES Online requires the following registration process (click each link for details):
- Preparation: Review the expectations to determine if online learning is right for you. When you register, you will be asked to commit to the expectations and requirements for participation.
- Are you New to Northern Star Online?
To start, create an account in Genius, our system for registration, course progress tracking and more. Note: Current students should already have a Genius account with their email as their username. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-550-7187 if you are having difficulty with an existing account.
- Request a course in GENIUS: Go into your Genius account to submit a course request.
- Parent/Guardian and Counselor sign off: Consult with your parent or guardian, and your counselor, on your plans as they will need to log in to Genius to sign off on your course requests.
- NSO Approval: NSO Staff will review your requests, consult with you, your parent or guardian, and your counselor on any changes or questions.
- Ready to Start: Next steps to prepare for a strong start
If you have any difficulties with the registration process, please contact:
Kelsey Rose • email@example.com • 507.389.6999
Sue Zarn • firstname.lastname@example.org